Fun Game of Drawing and Posing
Have fun stretching, breathing, and balancing with The Yoga Code Game! This fun, simple movement game helps children practice yoga poses while increasing flexibility and focus. For this game, family members create and draw a yoga code that is deciphered by other family members. After the code is revealed, family members take turns teaching family members how to do their yoga poses. The poses must be practiced in the order drawn, making it a fun flow challenge.
What are the Benefits?
The Yoga Code Game encourages yoga pose practice and review. It builds confidence and enhances memory skills. Creating and deciphering yoga codes fosters creativity and problem-solving. The Yoga Code game also promotes family connectedness.
What to Say.
- On a piece of paper, chalkboard, or dry erase board, draw three or more symbols or pictures that represent yoga poses or breathing exercises.
- For example, Tree = Tree Pose, Dog = Down Dog Pose, Star = Star Pose, Ocean = Ocean Breath.
- Once your code is completed, take turns deciphering each others yoga codes by guessing what pose the drawing represents.
- The person who drew the code becomes the yoga teacher, instructing the other players how to do the poses and breathing exercises that were drawn. The players must do the yoga poses and breath work in order of how they were drawn.
- Players take turns being the yoga instructor and practicing the yoga flow creations.
The Yoga Code Game is a fun game for the whole family. It helps children light up their minds and increase their flexibility and strength. If you’d like your child to engage in more games that are good for the brain and body join us for an aerial yoga camp or class.