Kids were born to run, but whether they’re joining you on a run or participating in a sports program, they require guidance to ensure they remain lifelong runners. These simple steps can help kids go the distance.
- Yoga! It improves strength, flexibility, breathing capacity, and balance.
- Make it Fun! Sign up for races that glow, use color, or require a costume. Running doesn’t have to all blood, sweat, and tears.
- Juice Plus. Little bodies need nutrients to power through those agonizing miles. These nutrients come from the food you eat. Juice Plus contains 20 different fruits, vegetables, and grains. Call me for more information.
- Model it. Parent’s actions have a profound effect on their children’s behavior. Children who see their parents exercising will be more apt to engage in the same behaviors. So get moving!
- Hydrate. Skip the colored or sugared drinks. Water is all you need to power through a run. Make water fun with lemons, limes, or cucumbers.
- Healthy Habits for Life. Track your progress and set healthy goals for everyday of the week. The more you engage in an activity the easier it gets…